1. The first article was called Hurrah for Children's Literature. While reading this article the question that was brought upon the readers is how important children's literature really is? Even though we all grow up on books like these but how come children's literature is not always included in list like "1,000 must reads". I feel as though we should reevaluate and realize how essential children's literature is.
2. While listening to these youtube videos it was a bit hard to understand what they were saying. But a lot of the questions that they are trying to address is what exactly is considered text? We have to expand our view that we have of text. But we have a lot of uncertainty with text. But I enjoy all the questions that were brought up in theses videos like why don't we have instructional images in texts?
3. I thought reading this article that was written by Brigid Alverson was actually very educational for me. I never knew the reality of how important graphic novels were. I thought it was interesting how many people do not want these novels in the schools. Yet, in this article there were so many facts presented on how educational and helpful they can be for students.
4. While reading this article it was very eyeopening for me. Growing up in a urban city I was always just so accustomed to how things were. But reading this article it shows how hard the community tries. Poetry throughout the community changes it. But I was used to this being our regular form of literature throughout my life. This just goes to show us that so many things can be defined as literature.
No comments:
Post a Comment